The Ride to Merapi

“But Atisha, you need to take a jeep tour to Mt Merapi,” said Bara, my private tour driver. I want to see the most active volcano of Indonesia even though my knees hurt from previous day’s excursion. It starts with a rocky uneven uphill drive. After a short while we reach the base and climb towards Bunker Kaliadem. My driver doubles up as a trick photographer. The mountain last erupted in 2010 and engulfed the nearby village. I leave from there feeling victorious and humbled.



Vote for this story at https://www.wrangler-ap.com/in/truewanderer/entries-detail/3uxjgqlkng

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Form 2B for Contesting Elections to the Vidhan Sabha (Legislative Assembly)

How to Contest Vidhan Sabha Elections : A Beginner's Guide

Keynote Speaker for an STTP on Women, Technology and Empowerment at NIT Raipur